Negative Gearing eBook
Welcome to Finance Women’s Negative Gearing eBook.
‘A ship int he harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for’
John A. Shedd
A prudent investor doesn’t avoid risk altogether, Instead, she learns how to make risk work for her.
In this free, 46 page, full-colour eBook, you’ll find lots of valuable information on the very powerful investment strategy – Borrowing to Invest. We examine what negative gearing is, when it works and when it doesn’t. How borrowing to invest can create a level of wealth higher than could be achieved just investing your own money and how this strategy can be used with assets beyond property. Importantly we also cover the important steps you should take to manage risk.
- What is Negative Gearing?
- Negative Gearing into Property
- Negative Gearing into Shares
- Debt and the prudent investor
- Who should borrow to invest
- Positive gearing
- And lots of handy hints on borrowing to invest
Your Top Questions Answered
- What is negative gearing?
- How does it work?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the risks?
NEGATIVE GEARING A PROPERTY
- How does it work?
- How does making a loss benefit me overall?
- What is the impact of Capital Gains Tax?
- Should I repay my investment loan or my Home Loan first?
BORROWING TO INVEST INTO OTHER ASSETS
- Can I use negative gearing on other types of assets?
- Which assets are suited to borrowing to invest?
- What assets should I avoid borrowing to investing in?
- Is it better to invest in property or shares?
NEGATIVE GEARING A SHARE PORTFOLIO
- How does negative gearing into shares work?
- Does borrowing to invest in shares make sense?
- Do I have to choose the shares? What are the other options?
BORROWING TO INVEST
- What steps should I take when choosing the investments to manage the investment risk?
- Who should borrow to invest?
- How to I get the best deal on my borrowing?
- How do I give myself the best chance of getting the lending approved?
- What should I do if things go wrong?
- How do I set up the debt to maximise the tax deductibility?
- What is positive gearing?
- Is it a good idea?
- When is positive gearing a good sign?
- When is positive gearing a worrying sign?
About Finance Women
This eBook is brought to you by Finance Women. Finance Women is dedicated to building the financial skills and confidence of women (and men) through financial education, advice and coaching. You can learn more at www.financewomen.com.au.