Financial Advice for Business Owners
- A redundancy typically brings mixed emotions, whether it’s been on the cards for a while, or came like a bolt from the blue.
- You need a financial adviser who can help provide you with guidance and support as you make your first moves.
- Most of us in this position feel a tension between wanting to get everything fixed now mixed with a concern about not making a rash decision you’ll later come to regret. We help you work out what you need to do right now and what should be left until later when the dust has settled.
- We are here to support you whatever paths you are considering from reemployment, career change, self-employment or retirement.
Typical advice provided:
- Cashflow, how to make sure the bills continue to get paid
- What to do with your lump sum payout while you are making your decisions
- Reassessing your personal and professional goals
- Whether to repay debts, contribute to super or invest spare cash
- Centrelink eligibility
- Taxation of lump sum
- Assessing the financial viability of different options you are considering (starting a business, working part-time, taking a sabbatical)
"Rhiannon really listened to me, and I felt comfortable that she ‘got’ me and understood my goals and values. It was a fun session stimulating conversation about some of my most important needs and goals. Since then Rhiannon has spent a lot of time with me, in person, and via Skype and telephone, and she has really helped me get my head around some big decisions."
"I specifically wanted to work with a woman. We are a same sex couple and I felt she was very understanding and gave us great advice. I felt she made the time to understand us as people and our ends for the future."