Managing an Inheritance
- An inheritance is a gift, but it can also bring with it a weight of responsibility
- You need a financial adviser who will take the time to understand your particular circumstances and what is important to you
- We help you explore the range of options available to you, supporting you to make the best decisions possible taking into account the practicalities of your day-to-day life and your longer term aspirations
Typical advice provided:
- Whether to retain or sell shares and property
- What to do with cash lump sums (spend, bank, repay debts or invest)
- Assess the impact on your current or future Centrelink entitlements
- Establishing an additional income stream to supplement your current income
- How to invest your lump sum to create future growth and security
- How assets can be protected from future relationship breakdown or passed onto future generations
- How your decisions may impact you or your children’s tax position
"Rhiannon spent the time to listen to my specific situation and ascertained accurately what my needs and goals were. The statement of advice that she prepared for me was comprehensive, clear and gave options for achieving different outcomes. At all times she was transparent and her warm, unpretentious manner put me at ease. I would recommend Rhiannon without hesitation."
"Rhiannon really listened to me, and I felt comfortable that she ‘got’ me and understood my goals and values. It was a fun session stimulating conversation about some of my most important needs and goals. Since then Rhiannon has spent a lot of time with me, in person, and via Skype and telephone, and she has really helped me get my head around some big decisions."
"I specifically wanted to work with a woman. We are a same sex couple and I felt she was very understanding and gave us great advice. I felt she made the time to understand us as people and our ends for the future."