Your Own Home eBook
Welcome to Finance Women’s Your Own Home eBook.
It’s hard to build financial wealth and security with uncertainty around your living arrangements
That’s why we make your own home a key part of our advice.
In this free, 66 page, full-colour eBook, you’ll find lots of valuable information on choosing a home, the practical aspects of home ownership and how homes can be managed and used to best advantage through retirement and for future generations.
- Choosing a home
- Homes as Investments
- Pros and Cons
- Other Practical Aspects of Home Ownership
- Gender and Home Ownership
- Retirement and the Home
- Inter-generational Family Planning
- Facts and Figures on Home Ownership and
- Handy Links
Your Top Questions Answered
CHOOSING A HOME
- What factors should I take into account when choosing my home’s location?
- What features should I look for?
- How do I calculate the repayments?
- How will I know what is affordable?
- What other purchase and ongoing costs do I need to allow for?
- How might an adviser help me with these decisions?
HOMES AS INVESTMENTS
- Why are prices rising so fast?
- Will the trend continue?
- What are future home prices expected to be?
PROS AND CONS
- What are the advantages of home ownership?
- What are the disadvantages of home ownership?
OTHER ASPECTS OF HOME OWNERSHIP
- Who should own the home?
- Should a spouse own the home?
- Should I put my home into a family trust?
- When should homes be sold?
- What if your home is not expected to appreciate?
- How do you prepare your children for home ownership?
- Should I buy an apartment?
- Should I invest in tourist accommodation?
GENDER AND HOME OWNERSHIP
- How does gender impact home ownership?
- What can be done at an individual level to combat gender inequality
RETIREMENT AND THE HOME
- How is the home treated in retirement?
- Should you downsize your home?
- What are the alternatives to downsizing?
INTER-GENERATIONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING AND THE HOME
- How homes are treated when we die
- What do you need to know about inheriting a home?
- Is there a better way to assist children that leaving them your home?
- How can I help my parents buy homes?
- Should I put the loan to my family member in writing?
- How can I use super to help my child buy a home?
About Finance Women
This eBook is brought to you by Finance Women. Finance Women is dedicated to building the financial skills and confidence of women (and men) through financial education, advice and coaching. You can learn more at www.financewomen.com.au.